Monday, August 4, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

Good morning everyone and Happy St. Patty's Day!

I can't believe this but it is time for transfers again already. This
has been the fastest one and it just flew! I am staying in Charlotte
University City ward which I expected, but we were surprised to find
out Sister Nielsen is leaving! I will be getting a new companion
tomorrow and then comes the test to see how much I have really picked
up on getting around in this area in just a little over a month. I am
not worried though and this place has been a little easier to figure
out than Hickory.
This last week went better than the previous in the sense that it
wasn't grand but it wasn't awful and sometimes not having it be awful
is the best thing at the moment. Well, the highlight was the weekend
and my studies were nice as well. We had stake conference along with
the entire southeast and several general authorities joined in and
spoke via broadcast from Salt lake. We had three investigators come
which was nice because we weren't sure any would make it other than
Sherman. The talks were really nice and tied into hastening the work.
Although we are still trying to improve ourselves and our area and it
seems slow going, having interviews with President Craven helped me
feel better emotionally and spiritually. After I expressed my current
concerns he offered some simple counsel that assured me that my faith
is good and how it can grow. I am worthy to be a missionary and as
long as I am worthy of the Holy Ghost guiding me, I don't need to be
so worried about about what I am able to do with the faith that I
have. God keeps His promises when I obey Him - and I try to build my
faith off of that, even if those blessings are not fulfilled in any
near future.

On Saturday we had car fast so we discovered this bike/running trail
called the Greenway and it is great! It keeps us away from the crazy
city roads with crazy drivers trying to get points for hitting us
little bikers. Plus it takes us through forested areas along a little
river and you can hear birds and squirrels all along the way. It's
like countryside within the city and it was a pleasurable bike ride.
:) i am excited to find out how many places we can get to on the
Greenway. Also, it is amusing how many people gawk at someone riding
bikes in skirts, especially on a trail where most everyone is in some
type of athletic clothing.

Well here is what I studied on charity and love the other week......
On second thought, I left my journal in the apt. so I will try to send
my thoughts on charity later today.

I love you! Thank you for the prayers.
Sister Amelia Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment