Monday, August 4, 2014

June 30

Hey y'all!

This week it has been hard to get a hold of people we are teaching.
They are all either getting sick or going on vacations! So we had to
do some knocking/tracting (possibly my least favorite thing). BUT I
have noticed that I am getting slightly more comfortable with it. In
meetings and studies we have role played it a lot with different
missionaries so I have had more practice and more ideas, and street
contacting not as scary for some reason as door knocking. People just
don't open to strangers like in generations past I think, And they are
so used to solicitors that when they open the first thing out of their
mouth is "can I help you?" in a very
what-is-your-business-and-why-are-you-on-my-porch kind of way. But we
figured out if you talk with people like they really are individual
people with their own personalities until they get comfortable then we
get a lot further with them as missionaries.
Anyway, I have got zone conference this week (I have a feeling it will
be intense counsel and I probably will be asked to give my 5 min talk
since I have flown under radar so far), and also exchanges with new
sister training leaders this week which should be fun. I hope I'll
learn a lot this week.

I love you all and hope you're well. Have a great 4th of July and be
safe! I feel strange not going to the parades and festivities for the
Fourth, but I am having Sister Gunther and I sing patriotic hymns for
our studies in the morning haha. Got to celebrate somehow. :) and it
is nice to remember how blessed we are with our freedoms and religious
rights that can easily be given up and lost if we are careless. I
think of the chapters in Helaman that I just recently read with
captain Moroni and others inspiring their people to defend their
families and country and religion and that is exactly the warning we
are getting from our prophet and apostles today.
We sure are blessed!

Love, Sister Rust

P.S. This car drives into our complex frequently at night and it
basically reminds me of the movie Cars. You know that part when Mack
falls asleep on the highway and these flashy neon light cars pull up?
Yep this car has lit up wheels :) That's another thing about
Charlotte, you see nice cars a lot and sometimes they are fun older
models and sometimes you see weird ghetto cars with homemade spray
paint jobs and ridiculously huge wheels.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment