Monday, August 4, 2014

March 31

Hello family!

I LOVE being with Sister Gunther. The two of us have been able to have
so many laughs already and fun even though the work hasn't gotten any
easier. Being with her actually reminds me missionary work isn't work,
it is missionary fun!

So this weekend I did get to see the Women's Broadcast and it was
AMAZING!! To start it was just fun to be a part of something so big
and historic but then it just had some amazing spiritual messages and
music. I just loved the overall idea that as daughters of God we have
more in common than differences no matter what kind of differences
they may be. Also that we can and should strive to develop strong,
loyal bonds with the sisters of the church because God did not intend
for us to make it to heaven alone on our own. We can help each other
and as covenant sisters we have so much potential and power and
goodness that sometimes goes unused. I just love the idea that there
is no age barrier or geographical barrier when it comes to womanhood
except barriers that are self-imposed and I think combining all ages
for the broadcast was a fantastic idea.  Part of womanhood is to
uplift and to invite others to the covenant path whether it is our own
children or anyone we interact with. Yep, this broadcast was the
highlight of my week and I am excited for General conference next
weekend. :)

I think all my thoughts on patience are addressed in Elder Uchtdorf's
talk in a Priesthood session spring 2010, titled "Continue in
Patience". He says patience is not just enduring but enduring well.
And as Sister Gunther and I discussed it a little we decided that
patience is waiting with faith, charity, and other virtues because
otherwise without such it would be more of a miserable torture. Elder
Uchtdorf says"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood
only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future
experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long
after trials have passed." Also "There is an important concept here:
patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because
of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means
staying with something and doing all that we can--working, hoping, and
exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the
desires of our hearts are delayed."
Patience is what allows us to grow and win mastery over our souls so
that we can become perfected and saints.
It is important to remember that patience doesn't mean always that we
get our way either (I think it is an easy mistake to think this).
Sometimes having patience means we accept what cannot be and accept it
with grace, courage, and faith.
This week study humility :)

Well, nothing too new here in Charlotte. We got rid of the mouse only
to have an ant problem now, a sign of how much it really is warming
up. And our laundry dryer broke, but we temporarily fixed it. We just
had so many sister missionary problems this week.
I can't remember if I mentioned I am the driver now and it is crazy
driving here! Drivers can be so rude and they drive terribly but get
mad and honk at me. :P Whatever. I think I still enjoy driving.

I love you all,
Sister Amelia Rust

I forgot to mention a little about our teaching. This last week Sister
Gunther and I have seen small improvements in our area including
teaching members when we have dinner with them and seeking referrals.
We have a couple of people now on date for baptism-Sherman, and a new
couple, Garrett and Jody. We had an incredible lesson with Ryan and
Laura, our Seventh-Day Adventist investigators, and we brought a
member this time and her son. They were able to share testimony about
the Book of Mormon as we talked about how we know the truth as we read
and pray to ask God. Unfortunately, Laura is headed to Thailand for a
month and Ryan wasn't too keen on meeting with us until she gets back,
but when she does, we might attend their church service and they'll
attend ours. They are very nice people who I would love to have as
neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment