Monday, August 4, 2014

July 21

Hello, hello!

I have a super fantastic, great, amazing news for y'all - Sheen and
Pradha were baptized this weekend!!!! There is so much good about it
and a feeling that is hard to put into words but I'll try my best :)
So Saturday was the baptism and we had a really great turnout from the
ward to show support. And it was so sweet to see Pradha and Sheen get
up and share their testimonies - Pradha got a little nervous but she
handled it just fine and Sheen talked beautifully about the blessing
it was for us to help them know about repenting and making covenants.
I just beamed and am so proud and happy for them. Brother Kelly and
his wife have been fellow shipping them so well so we asked him to do
the baptizing and they made Sister Kelly Pradha's new visiting
teacher. I know we are leaving Sheen and Pradha in good hands and that
they will be able to continue learning and growing. Pradha and Sheen
have shown so much humility it blows my mind, but they just have an
incredible desire to follow Christ and do what is right, so yesterday
in Sunday school Sheen was commenting/participating in the lesson and
Pradha was writing down notes and scriptures to look up later. The
lesson was on raising children/families in the gospel and by the way
they engagingly listened I can tell they desire a faithful, eternal
family and honestly observing them has built my own faith. Oh I wish
you could meet them in person yourselves! I have grown to love them SO
much that it hurt when I found out I am getting transferred this week.
We told them at church and they asked us to come over that night and
they would make us Indian food again. We stuffed ourselves and asked
Sheen all sorts of questions about where he is from and his culture
and we laughed and took pictures together. And then before we left,
they gave me a card and a journal as a gift and I just wanted to cry
because I don't know the next time I will see the in person if they go
back to India. Luckily, there is Facebook and Skype technologies. This
first baptism I have been a part of out here is so special to me.
Well, like I said, I am getting transferred and I am nervous! I really
love this area, but it wouldn't be too hard to get comfortable with a
new one probably. The hard part is leaving Sister Gunther! She is my
best companion so far and I have learned so much from being with her
and I have been able to enjoy my mission the most being together here.
Now I am a little scared to have a new companion whom I don't know....
I just like my comfort zone!  I am so grateful though because Sister
Gunther lives up the street in Orem (Chris Clegg's ward actually) and
she'll be home just a transfer after me and we will be friends
forever! But even though this whole week I have been trying to deny
it, I did have a feeling like I might be leaving and kind of saw it
coming and I have grown so much since Hickory that I know it will be
just as good of an experience as here in University City. But yeah, if
you end anything this week to me just have it go to the Hilliard
building address (mission office) until I know my new area.
I really am doing well out here in my mission and loving it, so Dad
you weren't lying to anyone if you said that. ;) Yeah there is still
at least one hard day a week but we make it past and it really is true
that give it just a little time and I hardly remember the bad moments
but I can remember the sweet little joys and tender mercies. And
Sister Gunther and I have been able to squeeze in some fun things like
glow sticks she got in the mail for 4th of July, and we just try to
find joy in the simple pleasures.
I hope everything continues to be well at home. It sounds like the
Reunion was good (looking forward to details on that) and Camille and
Melanie were excited for trek. Camille also told me she got the
volunteer job at the aquarium and that she is enjoying her last season
of marching band. That is great, and she does good with her volunteer
position that could help in future resume things like work experience
and if she likes it maybe next time a paying position there or
something. I am happy when she told me that, I know how she thought it
would be a fun opportunity and wants to do marine biology type things.

Love,
Sister Rust




No comments:

Post a Comment