Monday, August 4, 2014

May 5

Hi family!

It is so sunny here in Charlotte, NC this week. I have heard some talk
about tornadoes but it must have been just hear-say because where I am
at least there were mildly dark clouds but not even rain and the
clouds were not greenish. We do have a mission emergency plan for
crazy bad weather but no drastic weather so far.
I actually really am excited for big thunderstorms but is asked
someone and they said that is more toward the end of summer during
hurricane season.

So transfers happened and both our elders and the sisters in our
apartment all ended up transferred. No one really knew what was going
on so this Sunday we had several members approach us worried that we
were gone too. It would be sad if we left already, I like these ward
members too much. :)
So just getting used to just me and my companion again and getting to
know our two new elders. Elder Cook (fantastic elder with great
optimism) and Elder Carson (brand new from MTC but is very
enthusiastic and happy).

Oh and the best part!? Sister Whitmer, my trainer, just transferred
into the zone!! I found out what has happened with some Hickory folks
and that Lisa was baptized there and she and Brother Barker are
working towards their temple marriage. Yay!

Last night we had a fireside of our investigators and members that
Elder Parker spoke at and Sister Gunther, I, Sister Whitmer and her
companion did a musical number. My allergies were messing up my voice
which made me nervous but when it came time miraculously I hit the
notes I needed to and then right after allergies messed it up again.
We were helped by Heavenly Father with that I know. Sherman and Venita
were able to make it and Sherman was for sure touched by the Spirit -
I fasted that he would be. :)
I loved Elder Parker's comments. He talked about  asking ourselves,
"Are you teachable?" Members and non members alike.
No matter what your church is, no matter what your age. Ask yourself
this throughout.
1.We can't learn if we are not willing to learn.
2. Are we willing to open our heats and minds to grasp what is taught?
3. Are we willing to apply what we learn?
Oh I could listen to him teach all the time, he is fun and exciting
(haha even a little loud, but that is the South ya know?). We get
asked a lot if we know Benny Hinn or Billy Graham (big name preachers
and healers) and they are surprised when we didn't, but I just think
Elder Parker from Atlanta or Elder Uchtdorf or President Monson are
celebrity names. :) haha

Ok, that was a lot to chicken peck out on an iPad but it was a busy
week, the way we like it!
Doubt your doubts and keep your faith
Love y'all,
Sister Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment