Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 21

Hi!

So, this past week started off with an exchange with our wonderful
sister training leaders. I went with Sister Chandler down to
Huntersville, and that was just an incredible experience. We figured
out that Sister Chandler and I had actually both been in the same
ballroom class together at UVU about a year ago or so and we bonded
over that. She is just super sweet and helped me to feel really good
about who I can be as a missionary and I was pretty sure I could
conquer the world. We even had dinner with a part-member family and we
were able to get the two teens to warm up and Sister Chandler said
they have never warmed up that much before. I guess the girl who is in
junior high reminded me so much of Melanie actually and she even loved
to read a lot, so I just started by asking her about books she had
read. By the end of our time with them she had even agreed to play a
song on the guitar and sing for/with us. :)
I also got to teach a recent convert lesson for the first time ever,
haha. Since Sister Whitmer and I have not had any baptisms yet and in
the MTC you only ever really practice the investigator lessons. Lots
of fun and that exchange helped me with  my confidence in approaching
people and even teaching them, great self-esteem boost.

Today was a fun P-day because we got to hang out with Sister Buzzard
who is one of my favorite members and she helped Sister Whitmer and I
sew our own skirts! We had a good time laughing and also eating some
good North Carolina BBQ.

Well, I don't have much else to write about think. We have transfers
coming up in a week and a half but no idea if anyone is going yet.
However, Hickory is getting a third set of missionaries, another set
of elders.

Well. Love you all and the church is true!
Sister Rust

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these! It's great to hear how Sister Rust is doing :)

    ReplyDelete