Monday, January 20, 2014

Hiya!

Hello, Hello,

First, I apologize you didn't receive an email last week, we ended up
running out of P-day time and our apartment needed cleaned.

I super enjoyed Christmas, I got to call home and see my family again,
yay! I even got to talk with Ernest in Alabama the last 5 min. Pretty
neat that two missionaries can talk to their family together. And then
we had two member dinners and the first family made us the equivalent
of a seven course meal so we felt so bad but I could hardly down a
slice of turkey at the second home! I got my first taste of homemade
southern Mac and cheese during which the family informed me that there
are 4 basic varieties of southern Mac and cheese.

A couple of nights ago we went out to do some tracting and I just got
really flustered and bothered about it (door knocking is probably my
least favorite). I felt bad because it ended up annoying and
frustrating Sister Whitmer. But then the next morning during personal
study I came across D&C 60:2-3 in which I was chastened by The Lord
some for the night before. Then in verses 7-8 I was reminded to just
open my mouth without fear and He will strengthen me, and so I thought
of ways and scenarios in which I could better openly mouth. I
challenged myself to do more next time which will be soon I am sure
because we need more investigators.

Oh and guess what? The highlight of my week was teaching a Facebook
lesson. Yep, we found a less-active on FB and I was able to bear
testimony of the meaning and importance of Sacrament in my life. We
then invited him to return to church that weekend, and sure enough he
went to all three hours. Hopefully, he will continue doing whatever it
takes to put his life back in harmony with God.

We had a special exchange with the Newton sisters since Sister Whitmer
got a referral for someone in Conover. I stayed in Hickory with a
sister who came out the same time I did so I got to drive! First time
since leaving home. It felt so good, I miss driving haha!

Sister Whitmer and I had a venting moment in the car after we got so
sick of everyone saying they're "saved".  People don't get it even
after we explain grace and why it's necessary to be baptized by
Priesthood. Also, we seem to keep finding people who will gladly join
the church if it means they can be welfare cases and mooch off the
church all the time. And we seem to have run into a person or two
involved in devil worship. Freaky stuff, and by the end of the week I
wanted to take the Sacrament so badly just to feel of the purity and
Light of the gospel.
Also it was testimony meeting and I needed to hear the testimonies
from some of our stalwart members.

I can't express adequately enough how grateful I am for the light and
of Christ's true church that I am a part of. Also, mom and dad I am
deeply thankful for how you raised me up and loved me always and
taught me to live in righteous ways. I see what so many people are
missing out here and they really live sad terrible lives. I love you
so much!

Love,
Sister Amelia Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment