Monday, January 20, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Hola familia!

Well, I was called English speaking but I might come home somewhat
fluent in Spanish, haha. Not really but there is a Spanish branch that
meets right after our Hickory ward and yesterday they asked Sister
Whitmer and I to come in to conduct the music for their Sacrament.
Then we and the elders in our area were also asked to sing several
Christmas hymns to fill in some time. I had no idea what the bishop
was saying but he just was smiling and so happy we were there to help
and the Spirit does miraculous things even with a language barrier.

I hope you all have a very lovely Christmas this week. Sister Whitmer
and I received a wonderful gift for Christmas yesterday. Our
investigator who we have been teaching for a couple months now and his
friend who is less active both came to Sacrament Meeting and Sunday
school! We've invited him to be baptized a lot and he is stubborn
about all our invitations so it truly was a miracle for them to both
make it.

Last week I finished my training so as of today I am a full-fledged missionary.

I love you and thank you for your prayers, they help so much.
Love,
Sister Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment