Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18


Hello everyone,

This last week has been great and an adventure. We found a few new investigators which is great but it seems too many of our new investigators don't turn into progressing investigators. That is a problem because if they don't have a willingness to change or a desire for the gospel in their lives they won't be good commitment keepers or covenant makers. And one of them who Sister Whitmer and I were really excited about, dropped us! I can't figure out why but it's sad. Oh well, we can't force anything on them and they need to use their gift of agency.

Hey guess what? This weekend I got to give my first talk out in the field. Bishopric called me just a few days before saying one of the speakers couldn't make it and if I would fill in. I said yes of course (I have a hard time turning that down). It was on Alma 32 and faith like a seed, just like Camille emailed me a little while ago. I wasn't too nervous. Actually, it's kind of funny. There's a lot of people out here who don't really know me yet because they think I hardly talk, including Brother Cabiri (this wonderful member from Ghana). Well, I think he was surprised when I gave my talk because after Sacrament, he turned to Sister Whitmer and said 'wow, Sister Rust can really talk! Just get her in her element and she really will talk.' Haha! I didn't think I was that bad about being quiet, but maybe I need to speak up a little more.

Oh boy, Friday night was an adventure. So I have allergies to pets right, and everyone owns at least one dog? Well, usually I come home each night with dog hair on my clothes and it's annoying but not too bad because the dogs are kept fairly clean. Well, we went to have dinner on Friday with a member and she lives out in the country, with four dogs and three cats and two horses. Yeah, I reacted a lot more than I thought I would to that many. I broke out and swelled up some and breathing was harder and ended up needing some Benadryl. Well, I was kind of out of it after a couple of Benadryl and ended up giving my companion and the member a scare. Don't worry, I am okay now.


Love,
Sister Amelia Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment